If you read the first part of our roulette for beginners series, you may be eager to jump into the action. But before you take a seat at the roulette table, make sure to check out some of our best strategies and tips for winning!
Roulette tips and strategies
Roulette is first and foremost a game of chance – once the ball is set in motion, there’s nothing you can do to change the outcome of the game. But that doesn’t mean that you can’t increase your chances of winning by using certain strategies when you’re about to place your chips on the table. Understanding the odds and the differences between each roulette game will make the game more rewarding and fun. Read our top five tips for new roulette players below:
- Play European roulette: As most roulette experts would tell you, you should always stick to European roulette instead of American roulette when possible. The reason for this is that European roulette has one zero, whereas American roulette has two zeros. The payout for hitting a single number is 35 to 1 on both versions, but the American roulette wheel has an extra number (38 vs 37), which means the odds are slightly higher in the European version.
- Don’t look for patterns: It can be easy to notice patterns when playing roulette. If the ball lands on red five times in a row, it may seem logical that black is “due” to drop in soon. However, remember that the roulette wheel has no memory, and each spin is a hundred percent random. You should also avoid Martingale and other “foolproof” roulette systems – they simply don’t work in the long term.
- Choose your odds: The best part about roulette is that you can choose your own volatility. Winning on a single number will pay you 35 to 1, but you are expected to only win 1 out of 37 times. Bets on red/black, odd/even or other outside table bets have smaller payouts but are far more likely to win. Remember that you can combine bets and bet on multiple numbers each spin, but be careful not to cover too many numbers.
- Use bankroll management: Bankroll management is an essential part of being a successful gambler, whether you play roulette, blackjack or any other casino game. Decide on a budget before taking a seat at the table, and stick to it no matter if you win or lose.
- Try live roulette: At Boom Casino, you will find a wide variety of roulette games, including many types of computer roulette. For the most immersive and authentic roulette experience, we recommend playing in our live casino. These games are played with real roulette wheels and professional croupiers, and you can choose from a great selection of games.
This concludes our roulette for beginners series. Good luck at the tables!